The Irish Heritage Center of Greater Cincinnati is hosting our first Celtic Day Camp for 3 weeks in June, 5 day sessions: June 10th, June 17th, June 23rd for all children in grades 1-8. Under the direction of professional staff, children will learn about and take part in a fun filled week including theater, music, dancing, sports, arts and crafts and more! At the end of each week, a show will be will presented by the children. Children will also take home a Gaelic football, Tin Whistle, age appropriate Irish History book and arts & craft projects.
- During your week you will take lessons in the Irish whistle, and the bodhrán drum.
- Learn dance steps, including an Irish Jig and a Reel.
- Participate in Irish sports, including Gaelic Football, and hurling.
- You will visit The Cincinnati Historical section (Opening March 2019) of the Union Terminal Museum Center.
- Every student will take part in a theatrical performance on Friday.
- Make a model flatboat to bring home.
- Learn some Gaelic, make new friends.
- Hear the stories of the Cincinnati Founding fathers in 1790.
- A guest from the Cincinnati Observatory will provide a stargazing opportunity.
Bring a sack lunch each day.
Wear loose clothing for athletics and dance classes.
Transportation to The Union Terminal and a playfield for sports will be provided.